Friday, May 15, 2015

Brother (you can be anything)

There is something I have never told you
the deepest secret no one knows.
Behind the darkest buildings,
beneath the patina of pages...


Some have tried to follow,
others have come close.
But I have kept it harbored, safe at bay
& still no one knows.

But I may tell you.
Let it slip, today may be the day
that someone hears the hollowed truth.
The secret I have kept so safe.

So brother, I'll let it come free now.
From the bottom of the coldest seas,
in the warmest rooms of royalty,
you have always been my biggest of dreams
& I believe in you more than I do me.

I love you with all of my soul
& in telling of tales & letting secrets go,
there is not a sweeter child my mind may know.
For you dear brother, my heart, it grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment