Friday, May 15, 2015

Tell Tale Queen Of Hearts

You're a beautiful face, but I fear somethings wrong
I see it in the world, it's alive.
They speak of a game, it's danger I hear;
Love? What a thick sounding name...


I once met a man so humble & dear
love fell upon him as the snow did that year
& I watched as it crumbled, so tender in his hand.
Yes I once knew, now I've only met, a man.

Be stolen! A princess, she walks with no name
but beauty still became her.
Her lips were as red as the hearts she would take;
such a cruelty to befall on a stranger...

I heard of love once, a story so twisted,
wrought and cruel to its core.
Well, I have taken a liking, as would anyone else,
so I dove into the horror;

Until it became horror no more...

I found the light, it was in your eyes
and love, oh love! It sang.
I heard it as sweet as my darling to be,
I heard love speak my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment