Friday, May 15, 2015

Of Men

"One day, you'll be loved"
she said, as she stepped among my Earth.

My foreign eyes could not take to look,

as within hers, wisdom took birth.

I never knew what discipline
it would take to have truly known her,
but she showed me the way
of larger than, the fickle things below her.

and in my flesh, felt a story,
that had risen from her lips.

Of men who fought, and those who healed.
Gentlemen, and ghouls.
Men who knew a finer life,
and those who struggled to make due.

She spoke with comfort in her voice,
as though she had said it all before,
and by her knowledge, she led me all the way,
making me beg for more.

"Oh, my darling, how could you know
if love is what you are chasing?
Merely puzzle pieces to your life"
My mind took to racing.

"No matter the man, the common appearance
in any single form.
A man is a man who needs to be loved,
and seeks a woman he adores"

Well if you take the words of many
or swallow those of few
I'd hope you've noticed all the truth
that has been spelled out for you.

In many letters, humans find peace.
Within mine I found amity.
& I will always cherish every day;
because I may not live to take another breath,
no one has it guaranteed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment